Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Negative gradient

Before this day goes totally and utterly downhill, I want to at least shout out, while my last remnants of sanity dwindle.

My life has been taken over by numbers, symbols and loops of stubborn logic. I count my words when I speak, or write. I force my feet to take bigger steps and just get there already. I shove food down my throat and guzzle coffee for sustenance.

I'm on the negative gradient of my function right now and it keeps getting higher in magnitude. For instance, factor in the girls upstairs who decide to have a tete-a-tete at 1 am, but unwittingly share their boisterous enthusiasm with their pretty sleepy and very gruff neighbor downstairs. Add in lack of sunshine, two powerpoint presentations, a not-quite-right research project bordering on a thesis deadline topped with a nitpicking pessimistic attitude like yours truly and your really on a roll.

It's therefore time to open up my parachute, slow my descent, take a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a not-quite-right research project"?

Anonymous said...

SSSLLLLLLLEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP..the magical panacea to all..

Sana said...

that one quarter m of difference between true and estimated error has been bugging me

Sana said...

yes yes ... and you are hale and hearty unlike me