Wednesday, July 4, 2007

iPod Signature

After finally deciding to buy an mp3 player, I've decided to buy an iPod, surprise surprise, and I'm gonna shell out a bit more and get it engraved. So I know that its my iPod. Forever. And ever. And ever. And it wont be flicked from the computer lab like my last mp3 player. Because it'll have my name on it. aHah! And a characteristic witticism for that personal touch. Now who would have the heart to kidnap such well loved, cheeky lil melody maker. It could even become an heirloom or neicenephewloom of sorts. Raise a smile, albeit an embarrased one, on some kids face. Along with my pool of old movie tickets, fossil watch, airplane locket and gothic-ish ring, all the poetry of Faiz Ahmed Faiz and my copy of Illusions complete with all the crisped flowers between its page. And my scrabble board ofcourse. I recall playfully destroying my uncles set of faber castle crayons, losing all his hotwheels and battering his roller skates. I hope the inheritors of my humble offerings are gentler souls.

Which brings me back to the engraving on the iPod. Something to inspire and amuse, maybe even warn and threaten a bit. Ok I'm getting to the point now finally. I've been trying to come up with something cool or cute or goofy or tough but I'm drawing a complete blank. As you can probably tell, brevity is not one of my sins. And two lines, twenty three characters each, is a lot, or a lot less, to ask for. Then theres eleven letters for my name too. So I'm open to all ideas. Bring it on I say! Don't be shy! Person with the best suggestion gets a special mention on my world famous widely read blog :P

Cmon! Be nice ! Do it for the kids! Its just one line ;)

8 comments:

Sandhya Menon said...

ahem..now u see..its prolly a wise idea to use adjectives to describe yourself. And given our past association and experience with "objects" in general..i have formulated a list (:D):

1. The Destructor
2. Miss Butterfingers
3. Run-over-everything

Enjoi your new player babe ;)

Sana said...

hahaha don't awaken the beast san :P

Unknown said...

ooohh Shiny!!

Unknown said...

hey ... I like run over everything btw ... ;)

Anonymous said...

"Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento"
Meaning will be given only after mention of name as promised :P

Sana said...

"Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi"
i think thats a better idea ;)

Ameya said...

wokay its your ipod :P

Anonymous said...

GLOOPY :)